Tuesday 2 August 2011

Project Zombie Runway - Behind the scenes

Firstly I have to say a great big thank you to EVERYONE involved in last nights show.   It was so much fun to be a part of it, on many different levels, and I personally think everyone did an amazing job!!
So, When I arrived at Down Town Kathy Browns, it was just after 3pm, and work was already going strong to get everything ready for the night.  They were building the stage/runway, stringing up chains along the sides (thank god, cause walking it later, those helped me, and probably a few other models, from falling flat on our beautiful zombied faces!).


The tables all around the bar had been decorated with white table cloths, splattered with red droplets and hand prints, and each table had a horror-themed center peice, (which I regret not getting a picture of :( ) and Rejected coasters, featuring pictures from a horror shoot we'd done a few months back.

(The designs on these coasters are also available silk-screened on to tanks, t-shirts, and hoodies from Rejected!)

I had arrived with my friend Chris who I had talked (actually, with very little difficulty) into coming out to be one of the male models for the night. We did a few introductions and headed to the back of the building where they has set up all the racks of the clothing for the runway, and where they had originally planned to have the models get ready for the show.
However....



(These two pictures sum it up nicely)

IT WAS FREAKING HOT!!!!  
You are probably saying, Robyn, it's summer! Yes, I know that it is summer but this room was sauna hot. Being located at the back of the club, with no air conditioning, and, I was told later, directly above a very busy kitchen for The Honest Lawyer, the resturant under neath the club, made it so much hotter then you would even think.  But, as always, Rejected has some amazing models who go through anything to get the job done right! :)
More and more models and designers continued to arrive for the next little bit,


and then it was into the chair for some latex, to make up our sores, scars, and assorted extras of being a zombie.


And from there, more makeup, to make us look dead...or, un-dead, should I say??


There was another floor above the one we were on, so they set up the girls doing our hair up there, believe it or not, it was still 1,000 times cooler up there then in the dreaded back room (which I think everyone was trying to avoid at this point).


So, what do you get after alllllll this??  Some pretty sexy, zombie models, ready to walk the runway for Rejected, as well as the other designers there for the night, CryWolf, ScapeGoat, Dilly Daisy, and Jody Lee Miller Designs!!


We were really lucky to have some great designers doing the show with us, and Rejected, as always, was glad to share models with everyone who needed them.  I personally can't wait to see the runway pictures, by the always FAB Cory Walker.

Unfortunetly, being a part of the show, I wasn't able to watch much, or get pictures of the runway, or any of the other great acts that were putting on the show with us.  I hope, to see them on Facebook soon (doesn't everything get on there eventually?) and then everyone else can too. It was a well thought out, and put together group of people, and art forms, from artists, actors, musicians and even a magician!!  <3
By the end of the night, as everyone was starting to wear down a little, faces peeling, still hot and sweaty from that evil back room (I nicknamed the door to the room the Gates of Hell, though I don't think the reference was funny to anybody but myself!!), The Rejected team was always upbeat, positive, and ready for more!!
I know I feel so lucky to be a small part of this team!

Thanks again everyone, for the great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment